1. Keep valuables out of sight. If you have any valuable items in your garage, please ensure they’re well out of sight of any windows. Thieves are more likely to target homes where they can see valuable items from the outside.
2. Make sure your door is sturdy and in good condition. A flimsy or damaged door is much easier to break into than a solid one. If your garage door needs repairs, don’t put them off any longer— get them done before the holiday season.
3. Consider upgrading to a smart garage door opener.
Smart openers have features like a built-in app for your phone so that you can control and see your garage door status any time from anywhere in the world. That can give you an extra layer of security against thieves.
4. Be extra careful if you’re traveling for the holidays. If you’re going to be away from home for an extended period, notify your security company so they can keep an eye on your home while you’re gone. You should also ask a trusted neighbor to keep an eye on things while you’re away— just in case.
5. Most importantly, if your garage door is attached to your house with a connecting door, click on the “lock” option in your garage door wall button. These will lock the garage door and can be disabled only by clicking on the “lock” option again.
Bonus tip: Give yourself some peace of mind this holiday season by scheduling a maintenance checkup for your garage door before things get too hectic.
Our SoCal Garage Door Repair Inc. team will ensure everything is working properly and perform any necessary repairs or replacements. So you can relax and enjoy your holidays worry-free!
Happy holidays from all of us here at SoCal Garage Door Repair Inc.!
We hope these tips help you keep your home safe this season.